Saturday, May 30, 2009

The Gorge Amphitheater









Sunset transformed the Gorge Amphitheater into a scene of terrifying beauty. Black and white was a poor choice for these pictures because it eliminated the stunning colors that the sunset produced. I also used a shooting mode - probably shutter speed priority - that overexposed the pictures.

Edit: Shutter speed priority mode produced overexposed shots when I took pictures on Puget Sound before Luke and I climbed Mt. Rainier. The exposures were better when I used program shooting mode and the center-weighted exposure meter. Aperture priority with the center-weighted exposure meter also produced appropriately exposed shots on the Sound. The pictures of the Gorge Amphitheater were probably overexposed because I was using shutter speed priority mode.

May 24, 2009

No comments: