Sunday, February 8, 2009

To Build A Snowman

One freezing Saturday afternoon in January, Byron kept saying to Aaron with a curious, imploring tone, "Snowman? Outside?" They had not built a snowman, but earlier in the day Aaron had explained to Byron what a snowman was, and he  now wanted to see one for himself. "No time like the present," I suggested. Aaron was ready for a cigar. So we headed outside to build Byron's first snowman.



I couldn't get the snow to ball up so I made a large mound and packed it down. I shaped the mound into a structure that vaguely resembled legs and stacked two blocks of snow on top.

I took the first two pictures with my iPhone. The shots are underexposed and grainy because of the low resolution of the iPhone camera and the lack of a flash. It's a shame because the facial expressions were perfect. Note to self: bring a real camera if there's even a remote chance you'll be taking photographs.




I took the remaining pictures with my Canon Powershot A590 using the flash.



The snowman's bulbous nose is not a symptom of a drinking problem.











Aaron's snowman needs a little more work.


No comments: